Saturday, April 30, 2011

chores

I've been trying to keep up with my daily FLYing from flylady.com. I also found a free computer program that makes to-do list and calendars for the whole family and can send to mobile phones. It's called cozi.com. I set up widgets on both mine and Jon's phones. I tried to keep chore distribution even. E.g. he swishes the toilet/I swipe the bathroom sink; he empties the dishwasher while I load on one day, then vice-versa.

We've been slowly and in babysteps getting nagging everyday chores done as well as overwhelming heavy/deep cleaning done (today we're moving all the furniture away from the walls in the living room so we can sweep and mop). I've done a lot of laundry - probably did 15 loads last week just so we could see the floor of our laundry room and bedroom. And while I've still done the majority of the cleaning, I can't be too begrudging since Jon spent 2 days attempting to unclog our kitchen sink (finally had to have Thrifty Rooter come in after even the landlord spent an entire morning with his yokel crew and couldn't unclog it).

Slowly but surely I feel like we could have people over more often without a major panic cleaning. Just having the bookcase cleaned and organized (my chore from last night) made the living room look 10x better today. It's tiring but it's worth it. Ahhhhh.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments: