Monday, May 2, 2011

long day - ugh

Didn't sleep well last night and I'll admit it's because I'd had too much wine to drink. When Colin woke up to breastfeed at 1:30, Ii probably would have slept right through it if Jon hadn't gotten him diapered and handed him over to my half conscious body.

Woke up, but could not keep my eyes open this morning even after 2 cups of coffee.

Liam was already getting whiny by noon even though he was a charming cherub when he first woke up. Colin was whimpering or crying every 1/2 hour. I was a little grateful to get to run off to the dentist, but let's face it, I went to the dentist; never will you hear anyone remark "I had the grandest time getting my teeth cleaned! Tra-la!" And just my luck, I had a cavity. Luckily, I'll be able to wait until January to have it filled when my benefits go to 100%.

By the time I got home, the boys (all 3 of them) were falling apart. Jon had had a devil of a time giving the whiny 2 y/o quality time and still meeting the needs of the infant. He handed them both over to me and started playing a game on his phone. Apparently there had been one tantrum that lasted 45 min. until Liam calmed down.

Dinner turned into another 30 minutes of screaming when I admonished him for trying to stick beef fat onto the wheels of a Hotwheels car. We would not even have sent him to his room except that he purposefully dumped his plated on the floor. I let Jon escape to walk the birth announcements to the post office. Liam was basically pretty good for awhile. He even tried to help me sweep and mop the entryway (keeping up with my FLYlady chores - wish I could say the same for Hubster). Then I gave him a bath. But then he devolved again.

He tried to throw a full out, head bashing tantrum in the bathroom. I simply can't allow that as the bathroom is such an easy place to get hurt (although also easy to mop up blood if he really continues to insist on bashing his brains against the ground). I tried a naughty-chair time out for the first time; we've been watching a lot of supernanny while I've been on maternity leave. It only took 5x to reinforce that he would stay on the chair for 2 min. Then he even said he was sorry and told me he loved me. And then he went into an uncontroleable screaming/sobbing fit for 20min. Jon came in, said goodnight and got "goodnight" and "i fuff u daddy." I just got more crying and whining. I couldn't read to him because he was so loud. He refused to rock. I finally got to the verge of tears and just shut the door. He railed on for another 25, but at least he never came out of his room.

Colin was sobbing when I came out. He needed to be fed. I'm so so done now. Liam's sleeping but now Colin is screaming (I apparently didn't have enough milk tonight).
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments: