Wednesday, May 4, 2011

a school milestone, a food milestone

We have hit a big milestone around here. Very soon, Liam will start attending daycare/preschool. Little Kids' Country is literally around the block from our place (the opposite corner). I wanted to go see the place myself, although Jon had already given his approval and I had read all the paperwork. So we walked over with the boys right around noon after Liam had some lunch.

It was a really nice place and the director and all the teachers seemed great. We got to see the preschool and infant rooms as well as the school-age room (which wasn't in use obviously because it was a school day). The kids all met Liam with interest and he fell right in to playing with them as they were getting ready to take their naps.

We will probably put him into the part-time program which means he can attend in the mornings from 7-12 everyday. He'll get snack, lunch, and lots of play time plus curriculum time around 10am. I think he'll enjoy it a lot. He's actually already ahead of several of the kids as he knows all his alphabet in capital letters (and many lower-case) and all his colors. I also hope this will really help him with his language development as he gets rather incoherent, mumbly, and unintelligible after lunch.

I also like this idea as it will give him a good starting point to going full days after the summer (hopefully, Jon will have a job by then) even if it's only for a couple days a week. And I will get to focus on Colin a bit more; I'll enjoy the time I have with my little monster all the better when he's home. And hopefully it might give Jon the motivation to clean things since he won't be watching after Liam all the day.

On our way home from my postpartum appointment yesterday, we stopped at Mc Donald's since Colin needed to breastfeed and I was really craving a milkshake. Jon got Liam his own chocolate shake (his very first). It was huge compared to him and heaven help us, he ate the whole thing without getting a brain-freeze or a tummy ache. And honestly, he was very polite and sweet about the whole thing (a wonderful change compared to the previous night when he was a downright turd to me). He even had his bath and went to bed calmly and lovingly. I may have to ply my child with ice cream more often.


Aww how big they get so fast.

No comments: