Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter

While I sit here and nurse, I thought I'd finally post on Easter (with pictures!). I'm also thinking about it because Liam was whining (it's been a whiny morning) "Mannam and Gamma," and I got some great pictures of Liam with my grandmother
Colin 4 weeks old.

To start off, with Easter being so late this year, everybody except my mom thought Easter was the previous week (apr. 17). So Jon and I were planning to do a combo Easter/Jon's 36th birthday. Once we got that confusion over with, we decided to postpone the birthday celebration to actual Easter. And I decided we should host since I wanted to get the house cleaned up a little. The birthday was really important because Liam's been wanting to have a birthday party since Colin was born (probably because of the balloon that's still floating on our living room ceiling).

A couple of days before Easter, my mom called to say that my granny was in the hospital again. She had had heart attack symptoms but luckily it was not the case; she was extremely anemic though. Mom didn't know that she'd be feeling up for celebrating even if she got out of the hospital. So we canceled and then stopped housekeeping. Lol.
Liam's 2 Easter baskets.Colin's 1st teeny tiny Easter basket.

Granny got discharged on Friday night and really wanted Easter. So plans were back on and then we had to hustle to get cleaning done before 3pm.
The boys taking a nap during cleaning.

We had corned beef, roasted potatoes and asparagus, and cabbage. It was delicious. I put some lovely cala lilies from Jon's mom's plant on the table.

We had devils food cupcake with peanut butter cup surprise inside and Liam helped Jon blow out his candles (Jon is now a whole box of candles old - 3 dozen).

Liam checking on the spoils of his egg hunt. Note the color sorting. He also counted them in Spanish (until he got to cinco, then they were all cinco).
We did an egg hunt indoors because our yard is too unkempt and too noisy being on the busy corner we live on.
We tried to watch Tangled since Mom and Granny hadn't seen it, but Liam was getting too fussy and loud (I'll have to let them borrow it).
The best surprise from the Easter bunny was a "magic wand," what Liam calls his "big, giant egg!" and all the candies.
Liam flinging basket grass around to look for more "jumping" beans.

No comments: