Sunday, April 17, 2011

I miss my shirt

Baby Colin has been suffering from quite a bit of constipation this last week. Granted, he's only 3 weeks old and he's still trying to build his digestive system. Unfortunately this no-poop problem started after we went to visit the pediatrician, so we didn't really have a need on Monday to ask about it. We've kind of thought that the formula might be the culprit, but each time, after about a day, he's managed to poop. And Colin's not really getting that much formula anyway. Only a few ounces in the evening or at night when my milk is running low.

Well, yesterday, my mom came up and to see the boys and we took the opportunity to go major grocery shopping. We were gone about 4 hours and Colin started off with a bottle of formula a little before we left. He was wide-awake for most of the day according to my mom. And it was obvious his wakefulness was caused by tummy trouble. He's so gassy. He hadn't pooped very much at all (maybe a little in the morning). Of course, he'd had formula the whole time we were gone. We did finally get him to sleep.

I decided today that Colin would only be getting the boob for meals today. And to turn back to the title of this post . . . I miss my shirt. He is not eating at regular intervals. He still hasn't had a poop today and it's obvious his belly is so ouchy. He's pretty much only able to nurse for about 10 minutes, then he falls asleep. It's a lot like snacking. He's been on the boob ALL DAY LONG and I pretty much haven't had any time to replenish my supply. If I put him down for a moment, he starts grunting and whining. If I lift him to burp him, he starts rooting. I'll let him fall asleep in my arms just so he can sleep, but boy oh boy, do I miss wearing a shirt. Hopefully today will help us figure out if the problem really if the formula.

No comments: