Monday, April 25, 2011

laundry and chores

Today I got to sleep in! Until 10! It was blissful. I was so tired after yesterday's celebrations that I could barely feed poor Colin when he woke up at 1:30. Just couldn't keep my eyes open. And when it was time to feed him at 4:30, I just brought him into bed and breast fed while sleeping (and protecting his head from cat claws).

Took a look at flylady.com again for the first time in probably a year. Decided I needed to get some general chores done because Jon and I got the house so beautifully picked up for Easter. So I got dressed, took care of personal grooming, swiped and swished the bathroom, started a couple loads of laundry (my neighbor/coworker was kind enough to gift us with heaps of clothes for the boys while she was at the thrift store on Saturday).

While folding the laundry, I had a sad moment. I was sorting between Liam's and Colin's clothes and realizing that they are growing so fast. Our baby is already getting too big for his NB sized clothes and I'm having to pull a lot of things out of Liam's drawers too. By best estimate, Liam is 39" tall already (I have a meter stick that he found the other day and was walking around banging it like Gandalf's staff).

And I couldn't believe it...Liam took a nap. Well I don't know if he slept, honestly, but he stayed in his room, quiet, for a little over an hour. This allowed Jon and me to do a bit more housekeeping. He tackled the clogged kitchen sink and I swept up the Easter basket grass that was strewn hopelessly across the living room, dining room, and trying to creep into the bedrooms. Poor Poppy, she'll be so disappointed.

No comments: