Thursday, March 3, 2011

last monthly prenatal

Yesterday I went to the doc's office for my last monthly scheduled appointment. After this, I go in another 2 weeks and then 10 days after that.

Weight (doc official): up 6.5lbs woah!
BP: 138/79 - a little high for me on the diastolic, but my systolic was still nice and low. If it was over 100, then I'd be in the hospital delivering this baby or at least on bedrest today.
Had to do a Group B Strep test - yuck!
Guess my fundal height was fine because the NP didn't say anything about it. Heartbeat was nice and strong. I got her to confirm that the lump in my upper-right abdomen is definitely butt, so B's in the appropriate head down position. Of course he's still a little lopsided. Another good idea: mirena IUD is now approved to be inserted immediately after delivering the placenta so I can start birth control right away. woo-hoo.

After the appointment, I went to Mimi's Cafefor dinner and since it was senior citizen early, I got really focused service. That was nice. Then I went to Babies-R-Us to check on the size of the cones I need for my breast pump. Wouldn't you know, they didn't have MY size (but they had plenty of XL 30mm shields...I need 21mm). Oh well. I got a 3-pack of swaddling blankets because we do like our baby burritos around here and 2 pairs of jeans on clearance for $2 each (1 for Liam and 1 for B). Then, on my way to my dad's house, I stopped by Ross since I realized I want to wear some stuff other than the hospital gear while recovering. So I went in to get some big-bottom panties and a robe/nighty combo that should keep me pretty and stylish and I won't care if they get bloody and I throw them away.

Holy cow! That reminds me that I don't have any bags packed yet. Eek!

No comments: