Tuesday, February 22, 2011

for the baby minded

I've decided to steal this format from Lindsey in Texas. She's 10 weeks behind me in our second pregnancies and she uses this set-up every week; it's just so easy to read and catch up on everything. She never seems to forget pieces. Yeah Lindsey, you know you're good. She's been posting photos every week too folks, while you'll be lucky if you see another of me before Baby B is born because I'm lazy like that (as proof, I'd photograph my eyebrows for you, but that would mean getting out the camera).

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 35 weeks

Name: still none. Although I did solicit many suggestion last weekend from Facebook. The WORST submission which I got from many many idiots (I apologize if you were one of those aforementioned idiots) was William. Ummm, Liam & William. Should I name my next Bill or my girl Wilhelmina?

Size of baby: A honeydew melon (I like how much more specific this is than "squash" because I know how big a honeydew is. Squash was so vague.)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 1.5 lbs. At this rate I'll be back to my ultimate goal weight when I walk outta the hospital ;)

Maternity Clothes: Well, this week I have to figure out how to make a t-tunic for my medieval feast that will accommodate a big 9 month preggo belly. That should be interesting especially as I've only got 3 more nights to do the fam's garb for this feast. Last week in union negotiations, my coworker and also the superintendent said I looked like I had dropped!!! Aww hell no! Too soon! Turns out it was just my maternity sweater givign an optical illusion. Is that the super's way of saying she wants me gone sooner?

Gender: Well, "B" still better be a boy since I haven't seen a pick of him since November (and also because I got his chromosomes tested at 10 weeks and genetically he was Xy).

Movement: he feels pretty lateral recently. Definitely a big lump in the right-rib cage side that's been traveling toward my waist. Hope that doesn't mean he's trying to go breach. Kick counts are almost always 10-12 minutes. Last week in the car, it took 30 minutes for 10 counts and then he seemed to kick me 30x in 10 minutes. Go figure. Also, I can definitely say my placenta must be on the left anterior side (near the stomach) because I almost never feel any movement in that area (anterior placentas dampen the feel of the kicks). Hey, he's also been kicking me in the intestines too - woohoooo!

Sleep: Getting up to pee every once in awhile, but still not regularly. Have been really really HOT - darn estrogen. And I've been getting a nasty charlie horse in my calf frequently at night, painful enough to wake me and cause me to try to stretch. Friday night is was SO BAD that I woke up yelling "ouch ouch ouch" and throwing the covers off to grab at my leg. Then I felt bad because I was sure Jon would freak out and think I was in labor (bugger never had that thought cross his mind).

What I miss: Eating fruit until I can't and then eating more. Also I miss my emotional calm.

Cravings: Sweets, especially candy and ice cream. I've given in a few more times recently than I should have. Like the giant cookie I had with my lunch. My sugars were 168. Oops. Oh, and I've been craving tortillas too.

Symptoms: My boob was leaking a little last week which prompted having to go buy breast shields. The charlie horse in my leg makes me freak out and think I have a deep vein thrombosis and will throw a clot and stroke out and die during delivery (doc emailed and said "warm bath and stretch before bed," Dad, RN, said "possibly dehydrated or calcium deficient.") And the bladder control has been failing again because I've got allergies making me pee every time I cough.

Best Moment this week: sadly, I didn't have any preggo moments that I'd qualify as "best"

No comments: