Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

Earlier this week, my husband told me we were almost broke for the month again. Only $500 for the next 2 weeks. Ugh, this is not working right. Technically we have another $200 in savings but I don't want to use it :( So last night, right after putting Liam to bed, I told him "please don't get me anything for Valentine's Day."

There's a story to this . . . I've been watching Food Network all weekend and craving cupcakes. He had asked me if I wanted cupcakes for Valentine's Day. I thought this meant he was going to drive down to Davis to a bakery near our pediatrician that sells no-sugar-added cupcakes. Well that would be fantastic, but they're expensive, and then you add gas/mileage, and getting the toddler installed into the car on our first rainy day in 3 weeks . . . just not worth the effort.

So I get the look that says "is this a wife-trap?" No, I really don't want anything. We don't have the money, sweetheart. And I really don't want anything. It's just not feasible this year. Maybe some day in the future when we disposable income again. Then we can afford babysitters and going out for dinner and goodies for the boys.

At school today, I realize I had my first truly uncomfortable with pregnancy moment during this pregnancy. Baby B was riding high in my rib cage all day long. I was doing a lot of standing, writing stuff on the board because my overhead projector is on the bust. In between I would sit on my stool (yeah, great for my back -NOT). I got dizzy a couple times. This happened on Friday last week too. Even by dinner time, he was still so high in my abdomen that I had to eat in the recliner and sitting up to cut my chicken was miserable. Then he started some major rolling back and forth, which although created an interesting belly roll from the outside, felt crazy mean on the inside. Ugh, thanks a lot little one.

Also at school today . . . I see my principal walking up to my block of classes with a big long box under his arm. When he starts to come in my room, I first think "what the heck, I didn't order anything" then my little heart flutters because the box is a perfect shape for a roll-up map!!! How sad and pathetic; I thought I was getting a surprise map for my classroom. Then when I look at the box, I realize it's flowers. I've NEVER gotten flowers at work from anyone (well, if you don't count the ones my kids steal off the rosebushes and give to me). After finishing the class work (St. Francis of Assisi Baby!), I open it to the delight of my 6th period students. A fuchsia phalaenopsis orchid is inside. Awwwwww. I love orchids! I wish I'd gotten a pic, but all I had was my phone camera which isn't all that great.

Thank you sweetheart... that was a nice gesture, especially because I know things haven't been too easy between us recently. I am luvd!

No comments: