Sunday, March 20, 2011

no super-moon baby 39weeks

Well, today is the first day of Spring, although you wouldn't know it in California as most of the state is being poured upon and has crazy torrential winds tearing down trees from over-saturated soils.

I kind of thought I'd be in L&D today having a baby. Yesterday was the supposed "super moon" with the moon being closest to the Earth for the first time in something like 40 years. Too bad we couldn't see it through the storm clouds :( But I was also considering the effect that the moon has on the tides and women's cycles. I figured, being this close, it might be reasonable to think that the tidal pull would get Baby B going. Hey, I was born during a complete lunar eclipse myself.

Had an hour's worth of painful contractions about 10-12 minutes apart on Friday night. Also had a bad bought of loose stool so I thought that maybe my body was evacuating to get ready for labor. Nothing after about 3:20a, but Liam did sleep in until 8:30 so it was heavenly to sleep in. Ahhhh.

Nothing yesterday at all in the way of labor pains, not even tightening abdomen. But I did nothing, absolutely nothing yesterday. Well, I did two loads of baby/toddler laundry to get some of the gear washed and ready (including both carseat covers).

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 39 weeks

Name: Last week we finally got a Top 5 list: Adam, Alexander, Colin, Dorian, and Sebastian (the only name from Liam's top 6 list). We are pretty sure we have a name too, but we'll wait until delivery to decide totally.

Size of baby: A watermelon!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: At the doc's office the scale said 211! Lies I tell you; that was with clothes and shoes on and a full bladder. At home today, scale said 205.4 which is 5 1/2 lbs up.

Maternity Clothes: I've been short on pants recently because I keep peeing and sometimes don't have a pantiliner on. Some of my mid belly and under belly pants are too darn uncomfortable because they cut right across my bladder.

Gender: Didn't catch it on the u/s last Tuesday, but i'm pretty sure he's still a boy.

Movement: still a fast kick-count mover. Punches me in the colon a lot. Known he's head down since my appointment on March 2nd.

Sleep: the charlie-horse in my calf has gone away. I've been getting more calcium and that helped. Still so HOT! I sweat almost every night. I get up about once a night now to pee.

What I miss: Bending over, standing to teach without my back hurting, and gorging on bread and other carbs.

Cravings: sweets still, but I've recommitted to really watching my sugars these last couple of weeks. Last night I had a cravings for green bean casserole so Jon made me some. It was delish.

Symptoms: incontinence when coughing or sneezing, having to pee every time I stand up, the leaky boobs had stopped until last night when they started up again, sciatica comes back every once in awhile.

Best Moment this week: having my grades done before they were due on Friday afternoon; getting the last of the gear washed so I feel ready for Baby B to come home (although we still need a place to change poopy diapers. AND . . . going out to celebrate 4 years of marriage with my hubster, without the toddler, and coming home to a clean house thanks to an awesome coworker who babysat that night. ROCK!!!

No comments: