Tuesday, July 19, 2011

been awhile

Sorry that it's been awhile since I've posted. Funny how when I've really got all the time in the world, I never manage to get around to the blog. Maybe it's because I feel like I should have pictures to post each time or something truly amazing to talk about. But then my posts get SOOOOO long. They're probably that long just because it's always so long in between my posts that I feel like I need to get every detail in. Or maybe it's just because I'm long winded and could talk an ear off of something that has a reputation for ears. I do have some pictures from some fun stuff that happened recently. So I will be back posting when I get around to blogging about it. I'll let you know and link to them.

So today, woke up very sleepy to a little man who'd slept all night and didn't wake me up at 3:30 (honestly I don't mind that feeding). I was so full that I had leaked all over my bra and while I was up changing it and Daddy and Colin were in the bed and Coco spit up a good half of what he ate all over my side of the bed. Well that got the two of us out of bed. After I took Liam to preschool, Jon went into YC to do some shopping and have himself a morning alone. I did some elliptical trainer and then had a shower with Colin. He didn't fight me and took a nap like a good little boy. In fact, shhhhh don't tell child protective services, I actually left him sleeping all by himself in his swing while I went to pick up Liam at school.

The garbage disposal backed up again so I didn't want to run the dishwasher. Ugh. Had to wash sheets for today's laundry since there was our sheets with baby barf all over them and Liam leaked a little out of his diaper last night. I should have washed his Green Ghost (blankie) but I completely forgot. Oh well. It;'ll be stinky for awhile. Luckily, he doesn't have to have it every single second of every day so he doesn't worry when it's getting washed. Dinner was a new recipe of grilled Asian chicken salad. It had a peanut soy dressing that was fantastic and had a building spicyness. I served it with broccoli slaw because Jon accidentally bought that instead of coleslaw mix. Here's the link to the recipe; it's a Betty Crocker.

Liam had a pretty good day and got 5 stickers on his Good Boy Chart today. 2 for telling us when he needed his diaper changed, 1 for actually eating his dinner (he also got a slice of cake as his bribe), 1 for picking up toys, and 1 for not throwing a tantrum. Wish he had taken a nap today. Oh well. Both boys were down for bed by 8:15, but then Jon was in reading Liam another story because he got another gust of energy somehow. Then I had a glass of wine and finally got around to posting another blog entry which you are reading now. Tonight should be a quiet night, ahhhh.

No comments: