Friday, June 10, 2011

quick update

I'm sorry I get so sidetracked by Facebook and never get on here. I should just post all my status updates from the day onto the blog, just so I have a better record of my days, right?

I also thought I'd have more commitment to write in this thing since Liam started preschool 5 weeks ago. Well, nope. I don't. I do chores. I entertain the baby. I watch a lot of television. I nap. Then Liam comes home and he's usually tired enough for a nap himself (a new treat for us after almost a year of simply refusing). Do I blog then? Nope. Sorry.

The most important thing right now . . . we are in the process of house hunting again. I got my dad to consider co-signing a loan for us and yesterday we got the news that we can easily go ahead with the loan now because "your dad has SOLID credit." Well duh! That's why I asked him to help us out. As luck would have it, he just paid off his mortgage last week. Now he'll jump into another. The plan is that we will purchase the loan off of him in about a year when my credit score is improved and then he won't have to deal with "vacation/investment home" issues when he takes out a loan to put a brand spanking new modular on his property (the house he lives in now is pretty much a death trap and I won't take the kids there).

We are going to see the house we're interested in today so Jon can get a second look at it. It's small - <1100 sq. ft. and 4 bedrooms/2baths; the yard is generous and fenced both front and back. It'll double my drive time to work, but I'll figure that out time-wise and maybe we'll be able to afford a commuter car (one of those 40mpg jobbies). It'll put Jon closer to a stronger work market and us a little closer to friends (even though they'll be an hour away, we won't be in "the sticks" anymore). After seeing the place again today, I am looking forward to talking to the lender to see what our monthly payments will be like. If we can keep them low (like $500-$600/month), then we might even look for a little more house. But all in all, the neighborhood is terrific and I took my mom out there last weekend and it felt very comfortable.

Hopefully I'll get some good pics up soon as the boys are growing like weeds; Colin had a great 2 month check up. We went to the fair last night. I got to hold a monarch butterfly :) - that's our state insect by the way.

6/13/11: Okay, I went back and wrote a couple posts and added some pictures to them. Read further down the blog to look!

No comments: