Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tentative Agreement

We have reached a tentative agreement with the school district in an (what feels like futile) attempt to save some jobs. Hoping that all goes well and the state of California gets their asses in gear to get a decent budget in on time and doesn't take away $400 per pupil of monies, then we might actually get to keep the teachers. Except me. My job is entirely based on the teeter-tottering vacillations of a potential retiree. There will be some reassignments and there will be some tears but we hope to keep the jobs.

The superintendent will be coming through on Friday, March 12 to hand out lay-off notices. However, every single teacher in our district this year is now tenured. So these will be RIFs, not non re-elects.

There's a bright side to this. At least this year I know ahead of time. And we didn't buy a house; we kinda stalled out on that during February. So now I'm drinking a bottle of cabernet-sauvignon to celebrate the fact that I'm jobless . . . again!

1 comment:

This Texas Momma said...

Oh my goodness, that's tomorrow! Let me know what happens!