Monday, August 1, 2011

B2S Meme - August 1st

Back to School Meme

Back To School Meme - Found on this blog: MS Teacher
Completed in Reference to (Self or Child): Self

1. Number of years teaching or your eldest child has been in school (k through college) ? This will be my 6th year; my 5th in this district

2. Amount approximately spent on Back to School Items so far including clothes? $150 - still have much to buy ($250 if you count the whopping C-note we get to spend of the district's money)

3. Number of Days until school starts in your area (+ or - if it’s started)? 15!!! (And I've been out for 2 months longer than everyone else)

4. Approximate distance school is from your house? 21 miles

5. Amount of time it will take you or your child to get to school from your house by car or bus? 30-40 minutes, depending upon the farm equipment/harvest season

6. The actual or approximate number of students in the class you teach or your oldest child’s class? 100 students

7. The number of classes in your grade or your oldest child’s grade level? 5 World History, 6 US History (of which I'll teach 1)

8. The price to buy a full student lunch at school? I honestly have no idea, which is super pathetic considering 90% of our kids are on F/R lunch and I HATE what they serve my students and wish we could change it.

9. Number of schools in your district? 3 + 1 small school + 1 alternative high school

10. Early dismissal days already built into the calendar? yes

11. Price paid for the most expensive back to school item so far? I don't remember...the paint for my shield projects for the Medieval Faire; naw, that was pretty cheap

12. Time school day ends? 3:09 and 2:07 on Wednesdays

If you'd like to do the meme, please feel free!

No comments: